Traditional Scouting thrives because of the many dedicated and caring adult volunteers who animate Traditional Scouting in communities across the country and around the world. Our association is an all-volunteer, charitable organization. Our organization is democratic, with every adult member having a vote.
Join our team and be part of Traditional Scouting as you develop your own skills in the great outdoors.
- Program leader: Program Scouters work directly with the young people to create the Traditional Scouting program. You will develop your own skills in the great outdoors and be a positive role model for young people.
- Support roles: Assist with fundraising, event coordination, skills training, publicity, treasurer, etc.
Please read about our adult training program.
To ensure the safety of all members, all adult volunteers must complete a thorough volunteer screening process based on the 10 Steps of Screening from Volunteer Canada. The screening process includes:
- Police Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Check
- Completion of the Application for Adult Membership
- Checks with personal references
- A structured personal interview
All new adult members will fill their positions on a trial basis for a period of four months. In this probationary period, the new adult volunteer is permitted to work with children only when under close supervision of an invested adult member. Once this probationary period has been successfully completed, the new member may be invested.
Safety is everyone’s responsibility. At adult volunteers are required to be on the lookout for any potentially unsafe situation and take action if they see it. If you have any safety concerns, please contact us in confidence.